Join the Habitat Team!
Every Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity (FAHFH) team member plays a role in the organization success. FAHFH brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. A safe, decent place to live is the cornerstone of a strong community. Our vision is a world where everyone has a safe and affordable place to live.
Call (910) 483-0952 to learn more about FAHFH's open positions.
ASSISTANT CONSTRUCTION SITE SUPERVISOR / LABORER
DEPARTMENT: Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity
LOCATION: 3833 Bragg Blvd, Fayetteville NC, 28303 USA
REPORT TO: Construction Program Manager/ Construction Supervisor / Chief of Operations
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting and coordinating Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity’s (FAHFH) construction site project requirements, construction rehabilitation and home repairs, and construction duties under the Construction Site Supervisor and Construction Program Manager. Ability to work effectively with volunteers and families in the FAHFH home ownership and critical home repair programs. This position will report to the FAHFH Construction Manager and complete the work of construction laborer, administration, and volunteers assigned to the construction projects. Major responsibilities of the position is to assist in construction related activities on the worksite, including site material acquisition and coordination. The assistant construction site supervisor/ laborer will perform other duties as assigned.
Construction Site Assistance
· Coordinates and assists the work of all sub-contractors, labor and materials for new home construction and home repair projects.
· Monitors the job site to ensure the correct amount of material and tools are on the job at all times. Stores building materials in logical fashion to promote efficiency and safety.
· Inspects each phase of work with a Construction Site Supervisor to determine acceptable quality and that each trade is finished on schedule. Conducts checklist walkthrough prior to scheduling inspections to ensure a first-time pass and makes corrections as warranted, including “Green Building” and municipal inspections.
· Accountable for the safety and security of the job site IAW OSHA policies.
· Accountable for the job site materials and tools until build completion and homeowner has signed the Certificate of Occupancy.
· Responsible for all workmanship, follow-up work needed on the house (punch list) within reasonable and approved completion timelines.
· Establishes and abides by timetable for critical home repairs.
Construction Project Assistance
· Provides progress reports to the Construction Site Supervisor and keeps logs of daily activity.
· Coordinates within the Construction Department for the purchase of materials.
· Coordinates and assists in the delivery of all material, verifying against purchase orders, and reporting to the Construction Site Supervisor, Construction Project Manager, or COO.
· Responsible for invoices, returns and credits, supplying bills, and coordinating administration through the Construction Site Supervisor.
· Coordinates and secures permits and inspections within Construction Department with Construction Supervisor as requested.
· Follows the contract and scope-of-work for each house and works with the family and Family Partner on an as needed basis with a Construction Site Supervisor.
· Reports any budget discrepancies to the Construction Site Supervisor prior to any expenditure not covered in budget.
FAHFH Program Specific Duties
· Provides adequate supervision and training of volunteers on the job site as a competent person, training required. This includes holding an initial meeting with the volunteers and Construction Site Supervisor at the beginning of the workday to discuss the plan for the day and assigning appropriate number of volunteers for the tasks. This includes assuring that duties are not being performed by individuals of an inappropriate age group and may include hands-on training of unskilled volunteers.
· Train and supervise all on-site volunteers, Americorps members, and volunteer site supervisors in construction practices, safety, and adherence to FAHFH guidelines and policies.
· Provides basic skills classes in home maintenance and repair to FAHFH Homeowners, volunteers, and partners as needed.
· Demonstrates necessary skills to manage volunteers’ completion of assigned tasks, assigns tasks to volunteers based on skill levels and aptitude, while encouraging and nurturing volunteers during the work period.
· Coordinates and communicates with the Construction Site Supervisor and Volunteer Coordinator to manage necessary volunteers for workdays. This position must communicate needs with Construction Site Supervisor for skilled volunteers in a timely fashion allowing sufficient time for Volunteer Coordinator to schedule such skilled volunteers.
· Works with the Family Matters Committee and the Family Services to ensure that families have an opportunity to finish assigned sweat equity hours.
· Performs other appropriate activities and duties as assigned.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE:
· Achieve FAHFH project and repair goals relative to new and rehab construction.
· Manage volunteers and employees for best utilization in fulfilling objectives.
· Initiative and independent action demonstrated in handling tasks assigned and assistance to Construction Site Supervisors.
· Self-starter and ability to work both independently and with other staff in a team environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of construction and construction site operations.
· Communicates and works effectively with a diverse population, varying in age, physical/mental health, lifestyles, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
· Completes required training to meet FAHFH operating procedures (e.g. Habitat Competent Person Training).
REPORTING: Provide daily, weekly, quarterly, and/ or annual reports to Construction Site Supervisor, Construction Program Manager or Chief of Operations per reporting timelines.
· A two-year Associate Degree or Technical Vocational Degree in construction, construction vocational training, or related professional experience preferred but not required.
· Proven experience in residential construction, carpentry, and at least two (2) years’ experience in new home construction preferred.
· Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and email.
· North Carolina General Contractors License preferred.
· Knowledgeable of OSHA safety policies and safe construction site practices.
· Must have access to reliable transportation and have a valid, current North Carolina driver’s license.
· Experience in working with other employees and volunteers, directing successful teams in construction operations and objectives preferred.
· Background check required.
· Position requires routine exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as weather, dust, heat, and noise.
· Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for extended periods of time.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
HOURS: Full time salaried position at 40+ hours per week, including some evenings and weekends. Must be flexible.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education.
COVID-19 Considerations: Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity follows CDC guidelines for operations concerning COVID exposure.
Submit resumes with qualifications to: Rick@fayettevillenchabitat.org or apply through Indeed.com.
Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity
Chief Operations Officer