Becoming a Homeowner Partner
Is the Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity Homeowner Process a fit for YOU?
Ask yourself the following questions?
- Have I been a resident of Cumberland County or employed in Cumberland County for one year or longer?
- Is my annual combined family income considered “low income” according to HUD guidelines based on family size?
||$11,000 – $29,250
||$16,950 – $45,100
||$12,550 – $33,400
||$18,200 – $48,450
||$19,450 – $51,800
||$20,700 – $55,150
- Do I and/or my family currently live in substandard housing?
- Can I afford a monthly payment of approximately $450.00?
- Am I able to make an estimated initial Escrow deposit of $800.00 or more, at the time of closing on my Habitat home?
- Do I pay my bills on time?
Am I willing to be a good partner with Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity by:
- Agreeing to attend a Home ownership seminar before completing the application?
- Working a total of 300 hours of Sweat Equity, which is time spent on my own home, as well as other Habitat homes?
- Participating in a home ownership process that requires a period of 9 to 15 months to complete?
In order to enter the Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity homeowner process, you must be able to answer YES to all of the questions above.
If you answered “yes” to these questions, please call Mr. Jimmy Teal at (910)483-0952, and he will get you started on your path to home ownership.
Click here to download an information packet.